Questions to ask wedding photographer
Wedding Photographer Questions
Not sure what questions to ask your potential wedding photographer?
Be sure to do your research ahead of time, so you’re not disappointed when you get your photos back and it’s too late.
You only get once chance to do it right. You don’t want to skip this step.
Most of these questions should be asked over the phone or via email before you set up an in person or virtual interview.
That way you’re not wasting anybody’s time if the wedding photographer can’t deliver what you’re looking for.
Don’t be afraid or embarrassed to ask any of these questions.
Wedding photography is a big investment and you should not go into a legal binding contract without knowing all the facts.
If the wedding photographer is professional, they will have no problems answering these questions (and have likely been asked dozens of times before).
Authentic Bride Guide Tip: If the wedding photographer you are interviewing will not answer any question you ask, gives a vague answer or will not put something in the contract, then politely decline and move on.
17 Questions to Ask Wedding Photographers
1. Can I see your portfolio?
2. How long have you been a photographer?
3. How many weddings have you shot in the last year?
4. How many assistants will you bring to my wedding?
5. How many hours will you be shooting photos at my wedding?
6. Can I give you a list of required poses in advance?
7. Do you offer a discount package for engagement photos and wedding photos?
8. Have you ever taken photos at my wedding venue?
9. Do you charge a travel fee?
10. How much does it cost for each additional hour?
11. Do you edit the photos? Is that included in the package cost?
12. How long will it take to receive my images after the wedding?
13. Do I receive full rights to all images?
14. What happens if you are ill or there is an emergency?
15. Can you provide a list of references?
16. How much is the deposit and when is it due?
17. What style of photography do you like to capture?
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one of these authentic links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Full Disclosure.